1 Chronicles 13: 7 They moved the ark of God from Abinadab’s house on a new cart, with Uzzah and Ahio guiding it.
Heart beating nervousness and clumsiness was my first “encounter” with the opposite sex. I heard it was wrong to do this before marriage, but “is it really bad?” I thought to myself. Afterwards I checked myself and I seemed to be fine. No lightning from heaven nor did the earth split open to swallow me.
I guess “GOD didn’t mind” what I did. I soon dropped off more and more of these “so called” rules and found myself never mentioning anything about GOD, that is until stuff started to go wrong in my life.
- Sin blinds me to the truth.
- Sin causes me to drift further and further from GOD.
- Sin sounds logical and has a little truth mixed in which makes it seem like the right thing to do.
When I woke up from my journey, my world was a mess. I felt that GOD wouldn’t help me because I wasn’t acting like I was part of HIS family. I had problems and I felt I was at my lowest low at the time. I felt GOD was punishing me for a pile of sins so I questioned “Why are YOU so full of wrath?” as if to say “GOD, YOU are too harsh.” But maturity says something different.
- GOD wants me to see HIM as supreme which means HE has the power and the right to allow difficulties in my life.
- GOD wants me to see HIM as pure and HE despises manipulation, sin and self-righteousness.
- GOD wants me to take HIS wrath seriously because “the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.”
Yes GOD is love, but HE is wrath too. HE enabled only one way for me to avoid HIS eternal wrath and that is belief that HIS SON volunteered to take the consequences I deserve and place it on HIMSELF. HIS love is so great that HE died for me.
- Do you think “GOD won’t mind” what you are doing?
- Are you drifting further and further from GOD?
- Do you think that maybe if you don’t know about HIS ways then you won’t face consequence?
- Can you look at GOD as Holy and learn more about how HE wants you to act?
- Can you believe that no matter how far you have fallen, GOD forgives you?