Tuesday, July 8, 2014

GOD delivers the right person at the right time


2 Kings 25: 27 In the thirty-seventh year of the exile of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the year Awel-Marduk became king of Babylon, he released Jehoiachin king of Judah from prison. He did this on the twenty-seventh day of the twelfth month. 28 He spoke kindly to him and gave him a seat of honor higher than those of the other kings who were with him in Babylon. 29 So Jehoiachin put aside his prison clothes and for the rest of his life ate regularly at the king’s table. 30 Day by day the king gave Jehoiachin a regular allowance as long as he lived.

============

My first job had one amazing person who took me under his wing and decided to train me instead of firing me. But after him I had a string of bosses who were reckless with their people. One would yell at people in public! “Is this what work is about?” I thought to myself.  

When the position was moved over to another division I sat at my desk thinking, “here we go again. I wonder how horrible this boss will be?” One year after that thought I received the highest award in the company because he went out on a limb for me. He restored my faith that there are some good people out there.

  • Just when I think all is lost GOD delivers the right person.
  • Just when I think I have to remain in a pitiful situation GOD delivers the right person.
  • Just when I think my situation couldn’t better GOD delivers the right person.


Walking into an elevator, a person smiled at me when I was having a bad day. When I was a kid, GOD delivered people into my life who’s words ring in my mind saying “I can do it.” These strangers seem to come from nowhere but they always had a word of encouragement.

  • Can you be the right person for someone?
  • Can you encourage someone today?
  • Won’t you take time to praise GOD and build someone up today?


No comments:

Post a Comment