Tuesday, July 29, 2014

True Power


1 Chronicles 11:And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord Almighty was with him.

============

Frustrated after years of being passed over, I moved on to another company. When I arrived me and another guy received the highest scores on the internal testing and we were soon quite known in the “freshmen” crop of the company. One of the partners picked me to work with him on an assignment. Wow, I’m getting the power I wanted and I did it all by myself!

Thinking more highly of myself messed me up. Yes I understood the material but had no examples or information to back up my knowledge. I crashed and burned!

This kind of thing happened over and over throughout my career.  I would think more highly of myself and felt I “deserved” a raise of promotion because “I” was too valuable to the company. GOD says different.

  • GOD says “Do not think more highly of yourself.”
  • GOD says “Worship the LORD as your one and only GOD.”
  • GOD says “No one can stand against you with MY strength.”


I had to realize that it is GOD who raised me to the heights I was at. It wasn’t my knowledge or quick thinking or self-promotion that got me to where I was, nor was it an eggshell that I stepped on to take me to lows in my life.

GOD cannot be controlled by my acts of faith nor does HE react to every sin I commit, otherwise I could manage GOD to get HIM to do my bidding. GOD wants me to understand HIS vast and marvelous power.

He is supreme which means even when I am doing everything right, HE can tear me down and put me on another course of HIS choosing. HE can also build me up even when I don’t believe in myself or HIS power enough to do HIS plan.

GOD is amazing and unpredictable. HE wants me to rely on HIS power to accomplish HIS plan for me.

  • Are you complaining about where you are working?
  • Do you think more highly of yourself?
  • Do you feel you “deserve” a raise?
  • Can you pay attention to where GOD has you and be content?



No comments:

Post a Comment