Thursday, July 10, 2014

Trust because the battle is not mine

1 Chronicles 5: 20 They were helped in fighting them, and God delivered the Hagrites and all their allies into their hands, because they cried out to him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him. 

21 They seized the livestock of the Hagrites—fifty thousand camels, two hundred fifty thousand sheep and two thousand donkeys. They also took one hundred thousand people captive, 22 and many others fell slain, because the battle was God’s. And they occupied the land until the exile.

============

Looking in the engine, I had no clue what I was searching for. The car wouldn’t start, that was the bottom line. I sat and wondered, “Would I ever get out of THIS circumstance?” As my friend turned the ignition, I heard a rumble in the engine that gave me hope. Suddenly a plastic part blew off of the engine and hit me in the face cutting my eyebrow. This situation seemed hopeless.

  • Sometimes when things go wrong, I feel like giving up.
  • Sometimes when things look bleak, I feel like sitting in a corner and giving up.
  • Sometimes when things aren’t going so well, I feel like throwing up my hands and giving up.


As I got up off the ground I collected myself and looked in the engine once more. I replaced the loose part and begged GOD for some help even though I wasn’t really following HIM. My old car started and I was able to get my friend home and get myself bandaged up. The car seemed to work fine.

  • GOD will listen when I cry out to HIM.
  • GOD will help when I trust HIS plan and HIS promises.
  • GOD will help when I believe He has ALL the power and I have none.


What I noticed is “They cried out”, “They trusted”, and “They reaped benefit of GOD fighting the battle.” Their hands still had to be in the fight and they could not give up, but against all odds they won because GOD was on their side. I now add “Prayer” and “Trust” to my faith.

  • Are you in the middle of a battle?
  • Do you think the battle is yours?
  • Can you cry out to GOD and remain fighting?
  • Will you add “trust” to your faith so GOD will answer your prayers?


No comments:

Post a Comment