Monday, July 28, 2014

You just never know

1 Chronicles 10: 13 Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, 14 and did not inquire of the Lord. So the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

============

Another mediocre review left me wondering if I would ever advance. It seemed like a mystery I just could not solve. It also seemed like the oppressors had a few of their buddies in mind to keep them in power. I decided to do my work for the LORD instead of working for these guys.

Years passed and it seemed like nothing changed, but one day I was called into the office and they asked me if I would take on more responsibility. I said yes and that led to other promotions. Soon I was over the department where I felt oppression. It wasn’t by my effort.

  • Sometimes barriers seem immovable.
  • Sometimes difficult people are placed in my path.
  • Sometimes I think I have to be the one who works hard to get to where I want to be.


Looking back I see times where I wanted something so bad I could just taste it. That’s when I would buckle down and work harder only to be disappointed and knocked to the ground. I left no room for GOD to say “Yes” or “No”, in fact I wouldn’t consult HIM at all. BUT GOD wants something different from me.

  • GOD wants me to have desires but let HIM steer the outcome.
  • GOD wants me to have dreams but point my dreams to HIS kingdom.
  • GOD wants me to have wishes but include HIM on all phases of accomplishment.


It is GOD who raises me to heights I never knew existed. HE has placed me in front of the kings of this world and opened my eyes to understand JESUS is the KING of kings. When I let go of my desires and allow GOD to steer the outcome, I end up in a much better place. HE grows huge fruit in my life and I am filled with gratitude.

  • Are you feeling oppressed?
  • Do you feel held back?
  • Can you allow GOD to deal with “that” person?
  • Can you dream a good dream and allow GOD to handle how the dream comes to fruition?


No comments:

Post a Comment