Thursday, August 21, 2014

Appointed to Praise

1 Chronicles 25: David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the sons of Asaph, Heman and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying, accompanied by harps, lyres and cymbals. Here is the list of the men who performed this service:

From the sons of Asaph:
Zakkur, Joseph, Nethaniah and Asarelah. The sons of Asaph were under the supervision of Asaph, who prophesied under the king’s supervision.

As for Jeduthun, from his sons:
Gedaliah, Zeri, Jeshaiah, Shimei,[a] Hashabiah and Mattithiah, six in all, under the supervision of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied, using the harp in thanking and praising the Lord.

============

“What is she so smiley about” I thought with a grumpy tone.  “There he goes again, standing up and lifting up his hands right on cue” I observed with a snippy attitude. These “Phony” people couldn’t be this happy in church. I think I will label them as hypocrites first because I know “something” has to be wrong with them.

  • When I am grumpy I want others grumpy.
  • When I am low I want a pity party.
  • When I am mad at the world I want everyone around me to be mad.


CHRIST was falsely accused, slandered, beaten and murdered. HE had a very bad day! HE voluntarily selected this punishment, knowing HIS own creation would turn their backs on HIM. All of HIS friends who thought HE would be a political giant felt lost. That’s when the sadness and the grumpiness came out.

I can sympathize with the disciples. I mean what is there to praise about when “all hope” is lost? Well the problem was with the thought that “all hope” can be lost!

  • JESUS died trusting that HE would be raised from the dead by the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • JESUS knew HE was the only one who could save me and everyone who believes in HIM.
  • JESUS got up with ALL power and is now building a better place for all who believe.


“All hope” was gained when JESUS arose, never to die again. HE is the reason I should assemble with others. HE is the reason I should sing loudly when I get there. HE is the reason I should learn more about what HE wants me to do. JESUS is the reason I should praise.

  • Are you feeling lost?
  • Do you feel grumpy?
  • Can you recognize the blessings GOD has given you rather than pouting?
  • Can you focus your praise on JESUS today?


No comments:

Post a Comment