Monday, August 25, 2014

Being Part of a Promise

1 Chronicle 27: 23 David did not take the number of the men twenty years old or less, because the Lord had promised to make Israel as numerous as the stars in the sky.

============

Stupidity made me diligent. I have told the story of slipping off from work to make chicken at my apartment which disappointed my supervisor greatly. I think this one act straightened me out because a person who believed in me lost his belief. This diligence spilled into many areas of my life.

One area I am glad diligence was added  was talking to people about GOD. The only story that rings in my mind was the time where a group of us walked around the city streets talking about GOD and HIS blessings. One person, who was under house arrest, stood by his front door and allowed us to speak with him about GOD. He accepted CHRIST and was extremely glad.

Two weeks later he was killed.

  • There is nothing more important for me than spreading GOD’s message about HIS kingdom.
  • Any worry or doubt I have can be covered by following GOD’s plan of talking about HIS kingdom.
  • Spreading GOD’s kingdom enables me to keep the main thing, the main thing.


GOD sees my daily needs and sometimes my needs can get in the way of GOD’s kingdom. I get worried or frustrated or mad or frightened and forget I am made for GOD. HE wants me to have a good life but HE also wants me to focus my life on HIM.

GOD is a jealous GOD, not a needy one. HE wants to be first in my life but doesn’t need my phony attempts to be righteous. GOD said HE will return. HE was raised from the dead and is now building a kingdom for those who believe they need HIM.

I can participate in the promise of HIS return if I choose. I can spend my time worrying and fretting or I can grab hold of trust and get as many people prepared for HIS return as possible.

  • Are you part of the problem or the promise?
  • Are you so worried about you that you are not bearing fruit?
  • Can you stop worrying about you and focus on telling people about GOD’s kingdom?
  • Won’t you join GOD in helping HIM make HIS promise come true?


No comments:

Post a Comment