Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Finish Your Work

1 Chronicles 28: 19 “All this,” David said, “I have in writing as a result of the Lord’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.”

20 David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.

============
  
Shoulders slumped and head held low, I was trying to get over the news that I didn’t get the top executive position.  I was waiting so long! I moped for days and finally the CEO of the company I interviewed for said “Get your head back in the game. You still have to work.” I did and I actually got a different position which took me on a wonderful adventure I would not have imagined.

  • GOD knows my every desire, good and bad.
  • GOD knows my every ambition.
  • GOD knows what’s in my mind.


A tactic of the enemy is discouragement because the race is pretty long. It seems like the road will never end.  Just when there seems to be signs like the end is coming, it seems like more road is added. This causes me to fear the future. (Like I have the future figured out.) This fear and discouragement makes me question GOD’s plan.

  • When I want results in my timing I get discouraged but when I wait on GOD it always works out.
  • When I look at the future I get filled with fear but when I focus on today I can see GOD’s blessings.
  • When I survey my abilities I feel inadequate but when I seek GOD’s strength nothing can stop me.


David was very clear when he said these words over and over to a very nervous son, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged.” He said this because the road would seem long sometimes and things would go wrong. Set back after set back will occur. GOD said “Keep going, I will not fail you or forsake you.”

  • Are you feeling discouraged?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Are you questioning GOD’s vision HE gave you?
  • Can you stop thinking about the future and focus on what GOD wants you to do today?
  • Will you ask GOD for HIS strength instead of trying to do this on your own?


No comments:

Post a Comment