Friday, August 22, 2014

Is Service to GOD Temporary?

1 Chronicles: 31 As for the Hebronites, Jeriah was their chief according to the genealogical records of their families. In the fortieth year of David’s reign a search was made in the records, and capable men among the Hebronites were found at Jazer in Gilead. 

32 Jeriah had twenty-seven hundred relatives, who were able men and heads of families, and King David put them in charge of the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh for every matter pertaining to God and for the affairs of the king.

============

After returning from the church convention, I felt I should be doing “something.” I mean shouldn’t I be going out and preaching and teaching? I had just publicly announced I was following GOD and I wanted to get started!

A few years later I ran into problems. I didn’t like the people who were supposed to be followers of GOD and I stopped going to church.

  • Some circumstances make me question “Why do I follow GOD?”
  • Some situations make me question “Does GOD really care?”
  • Some lengthy trials make me ask “Why serve if all I get is punishment?”


Each of my questions had to be answered by “maturity” in GOD. HE never said life would be easy. In fact HE said there would be many trials. HE warned HIS disciples that the world would hate them and people who follow HIM would go through many trials and tribulations.

  • GOD wants me to know HE loves me and strengthens me to handle trials.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS power even in the midst of chaos.
  • GOD wants me to trust HIS ways and allow difficult situations to pass in order to see HIS perfect plan unfold.


Following GOD is not a temporary thing. Once I chose to follow HIM I became a new creation. The battle began. HE placed the HOLY SPIRIT in me and now my eyes are open to when I choose to do right and wrong. I still sin, but JESUS is my advocate and HE encourages me to get up and serve again.

  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD by being good?
  • Are you getting burnt out by serving GOD?
  • Can you evaluate whether you are serving GOD or are you trying to get accolades from humans?
  • Can you stop trying so hard and just “be” with GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment