Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Praise Instructions

1 Chronicles 16:That day David first appointed Asaph and his associates to give praise to the Lord in this manner:

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
    make known among the nations what he has done.

Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts.

10 Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.

11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.

============

“What am I going to do now?” was my question as I looked at my totaled vehicle. A guy driving a jeep turned left in front of me and my old jalopy needed more distance to stop, probably because I was exceeding the speed limit. “I don’t have a car! How am I going to get to work?” were the first thoughts.

Looking back on this incident, I do not remember “caring” that one of the passengers flew out of the jeep and had a bloody head.

  • When tough situations happen I want to hold a pity party for myself.
  • When life is difficult I want to tell everyone about how difficult life is.
  • When rough things happen I want instant relief before I can be “happy.”


It is difficult to “praise GOD” in the middle of the storm.  I mean, isn’t HE supposed to be the one who grants my wishes and makes me happy? Not at all!

  • GOD wasn’t created for me, I was created for GOD and by GOD.
  • GOD is supreme and is extremely worth of all praise.
  • GOD appreciates when I look past the difficulty and see HIM with joyous eyes.


Giving GOD praise takes practice. I actually had to start small, as small as praising HIM for life’s mundane parts. I then began to notice larger and more times where I could see GOD at work in my life. The more I praised, the more I noticed GOD working in my life.

  • Are you going through difficult times?
  • Do you feel you have to wait until the difficulty is complete in order to praise GOD?
  • Does everything have to be worked out “your way” in order for GOD to receive your praise?
  • Can you stop holding back your praise and sing, proclaim or look to the LORD and HIS strength?

No comments:

Post a Comment