Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Waiting for Perfect Conditions


1 Chronicles 20: In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, Joab led out the armed forces. He laid waste the land of the Ammonites and went to Rabbah and besieged it, but David remained in Jerusalem. Joab attacked Rabbah and left it in ruins. 

David took the crown from the head of their king—its weight was found to be a talent of gold, and it was set with precious stones—and it was placed on David’s head. He took a great quantity of plunder from the city and brought out the people who were there, consigning them to labor with saws and with iron picks and axes. David did this to all the Ammonite towns. Then David and his entire army returned to Jerusalem.

============

Training was phenomenal and I felt ready to tackle new issues! “This is my chance” I thought to myself.  The conditions were perfect for me to move ahead.  I mean I was the only one in the department trained on this particular platform.  I also had years of experience and to top it off, my boss not only liked me, she was excited about my work.

Then I got the news… She was leaving the company. “Well, that’s okay, I am still trained” I thought. Then they announced they were moving on to a new platform and my training was obsolete. Now how am I supposed to behave? Do I have to wait some more?!

  • Many times I have waited for the conditions to be perfect and they have fallen apart.
  • Many times I have wondered when it will be “my” turn to be on top.
  • Many times I have cried out in a tantrum, “Please let me move ahead and I will start being generous and serving ant etc.”


It seemed like I was trying to bargain with GOD. “If YOU let me get my way then I will serve YOU with excitement” as if to say I wouldn’t if HE didn’t. Instead of advancement after waiting for years, I received more trouble, more worry and more pain.

One reason I think David was a man after GOD’s own heart was he never waited. The current conditions were always perfect to serve GOD. When a bear attacked him, he fought, knowing GOD was with HIM. The same with armies and foes who had the odds stacked against him.

  • I must realize that the current conditions are perfect for serving GOD.
  • I must realize that I can be generous in the middle of having little.
  • I must realize that I can praise GOD loudly and excited in the middle of the storm.


The old saying is “GOD isn’t done with me yet” meaning I’m still growing in HIS grace and HIS marvelous plan. HIS plan is awesome and far greater than I could ever imagine.

  • Are you in the middle of the storm?
  • Are you facing another giant right after fighting a bear?
  • Do you think you have to do it alone?
  • Can you place your reliance on GOD and trust that HE knows where you are?


No comments:

Post a Comment