Friday, September 5, 2014

Asking for Forgiveness


2 Chronicles 6: 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

============

Laughing at the escapades of a friend, the teacher came in and saw what he was doing and immediately grabbed his arm to get his attention (yeah I know, this is back in the day). She said he would have to stay after school fifteen minutes. The laughter stopped but a giggle still remained on my face.

She then turned to me and asked “what’s so funny?” Then the words of devastation came from her mouth “You stay too! And when the time is up I want you to apologize.” Parents knew how long it would take us to get home and if we weren’t there we were questioned. And besides, why do I have to apologize? “I didn’t do anything wrong” I said to myself.

  • Many times I don’t see myself as being guilty.
  • Many times I rationalize what I’m doing to justify my actions.
  • Many times I think I am innocent when I am really guilty.


GOD said “Your righteousness is like filthy rags” and HE is right. My acts of service have sin at the core. Even my prayers come from a sinful perspective because GOD knows I will do the same sin again and again. But there is something amazing that happens with GOD when I communicate to HIM.

  • GOD says “All have sinned and have fallen short of MY glory.”
  • GOD says “Confess sins. I am faithful and righteous to forgive sins and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.”
  • GOD says “I truly love you so put your trust in ME.”


Admitting to GOD that I need HIM instead of being on the path I am on helps me see HIM in a different light. Instead of blaming the ONE I need I have to humbly ask for forgiveness especially when I think I haven’t done anything wrong. The Pharisees never could see they were wrong so they could never confess.

Asking GOD for forgiveness is a privilege. It shows HIM I have nowhere to turn and I trust HIS ways.

  • Are you in a quandary?
  • Do you feel GOD has forgotten you?
  • Can you ask HIM for forgiveness and to open your eyes to a stronger relationship with HIM today?
  • Can you stop being defeated, put your feelings behind you and start trusting in GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment