Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Can GOD Fool Me?

2 Chronicles 17: 18 Micaiah continued, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing on his right and on his left. 19 And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab king of Israel into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’

“One suggested this, and another that. 20 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’

“‘By what means?’ the Lord asked.

21 “‘I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,’ he said.
“‘You will succeed in enticing him,’ said the Lord. ‘Go and do it.’

22 “So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”


============

No time for prayer I worked to keep my position. “I can do this on my own” was my action, not my thought. Armed with information, I felt confident as I took the stage. The group had prepped me and I practiced my speech and prepared answers to anticipated questions. When I got on the stage, I noticed the questions were very different than what I prepared for. In fact the questions were on a totally different path.

I was ambushed and the people who fed me information backed away from me quickly.

  • Sometimes I am fooled into thinking I can do life by myself.
  • Sometimes I am fooled into thinking my talents are “my” talents.
  • Sometimes I am fooled into thinking I am self-made.


I don’t know how or when I reach a stage in which I think I am “all that.” I soon get too busy for GOD and HIS people and when the battle surrounds me I think I have enough might to fight my foes. GOD says something different.

  • GOD says “I will make you believe your lies if you do not turn to ME.”
  • GOD says “I will harden your heart if you do not turn to ME.”
  • GOD says “I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all ‘his’ prophets if you do not turn to ME.”


Ahab found religious people who would say what he wanted to hear, not what he needed to hear. He wanted to win in battle so that’s what they said. He needed to hear, “turn back and repent.” Ahab died that day. This made me think… “Am I drinking my own elixir?”  Is GOD fooling me? Here is how I can tell HE is working for me.

  • GOD says to me “acknowledge that I AM GOD and you need a savior.”
  • GOD says to me “believe in MY SON and you will be saved.”
  • GOD says to me “confess and you will be saved.”


Those are the A – B – C’s of understanding how not to be put in a position in which GOD helps me “not” believe in HIM.

  • Is GOD trying to ruin you?
  • Do you believe GOD will help you sin?
  • Can you confess to HIM and begin trusting in HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment