Wednesday, September 3, 2014

It Takes Time


1 Chronicles 4: 18 All these things that Solomon made amounted to so much that the weight of the bronze could not be calculated.

19 Solomon also made all the furnishings that were in God’s temple:
the golden altar;

the tables on which was the bread of the Presence;

20 the lampstands of pure gold with their lamps, to burn in front of the inner sanctuary as prescribed;

21 the gold floral work and lamps and tongs (they were solid gold);

22 the pure gold wick trimmers, sprinkling bowls, dishes and censers; and the gold doors of the temple: the inner doors to the Most Holy Place and the doors of the main hall.


============

Staring out the window I longed to be outside.  Why do I have to fill out this multiplication sheet for homework? It seems so repetitious! Can’t this just be done?! Can’t school just be done?

  • Some things seem to take forever to me when I want them to be done.
  • Some lessons seem to drag on and on to me when I want to be finished.
  • Some parts of life seem to so slow when I want it to be fast.


It seems like the lessons I don’t enjoy take the longest and I this applies to more than education. I mean can’t GOD just hurry up and give me patience? I get so focused on where I think I should be that I can’t sit and wait on GOD’s pace for HIS deliverance. Oh, I believe HE can deliver, but why does HE take so long?

  • GOD knows the plans HE has for me, plans to prosper me.
  • GOD knows the exact day and time HE wants me to execute HIS plan.
  • GOD knows the sin and times I truly worship HIM and HE has factored all of it in HIS great plan for me.


Looking back on times where things moved too fast, I realized I wish they hadn’t. When I got to the position or place, I wasn’t ready. All eyes were on me and I was making mistake after mistake. GOD knows when I am “ready” and HE takes HIS time preparing me daily. HE calms my anxieties and tells me to take one step at a time each day.

  • Are you looking for “success” with anxiety?
  • Do you think life will be so much better if “this thing” would happen?
  • Can you stop looking at the future and enjoy where GOD has you today?
  • Will you look at the training GOD is giving you today as an opportunity for HIM to make you great?
  • Can you praise HIM for taking HIS time?


No comments:

Post a Comment