Monday, September 22, 2014

People Can Only Do So Much


2 Chronicles 16: 12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was afflicted with a disease in his feet. Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the Lord, but only from the physicians.

============

Feeling lonely I would frequent the gym. It seemed more bearable when I was around people. I struck up a conversation with some of the guys. We began lifting weights together and one person suggested we go hang out at a bar. Something inside of me said I should not do this because the guy seemed to be doing steroids, but I really wanted to meet people.

The night was going well until the guy started to pick fights and looked at us like we were supposed to jump in.

  • Sometimes I join the crowd when I want a solution to my problem.
  • Sometimes I join the crown when I want to feel better about my decision.
  • Sometimes I join the crowd when I want to do things on my own and in my own time.


Whether it is an ailment or a problem at work, many times I have not sought GOD for HIS deliverance. I think insurance or a physician or the best consultants money can buy will help me out of the situation. BUT GOD says something quite different.

  • “Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME for I am meek and lowly at heart and you shall find rest unto your soul” is what GOD says to me.
  • “Turn to ME” is what GOD says to me.
  • “I AM a jealous GOD” is what GOD exclaims to me.


GOD is jealous not selfish. HE wants me to seek HIM for even the tiniest problem and trust that HE has the best in mind for me. All blessings flow from HIM and my efforts to circumvent HIS timing and methods will always fail. GOD is excited to help me grow into the being HE created.

  • Are you in trouble?
  • Do you despise the timing and length of your pain?
  • Can you hold on instead of giving up?
  • Can you find GOD and pray to HIM for even the tiniest items today?
  • Will you add “trust in the LORD’ to your plan today?


No comments:

Post a Comment