Monday, September 29, 2014

The Battle is Not Yours


2 Chronicles 20:He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.

============

Worry on one side, fear on another, sleep escaped me and I was awake again. This was my pattern when something very “big” was going to happen. I would think about it and rethink it until I would get myself all keyed up in a tizzy.

  • Sometimes I can’t see any fix to a problem.
  • Sometimes I think I have no way out.
  • Sometimes I think I have to fix everything with no tools, skills or resources.


Fear, doubt and worry come from me trying to fight my own battles. Sometimes it also comes from me fighting GOD. What can I do when I feel afraid?

  • GOD says “Do not be afraid for I am with you.”
  • GOD says “Do not be discouraged over something that seems huge.”
  • GOD says “The battle is the LORD’s.”


GOD knows my fears, doubts and worries. HE even knows when I can’t let go of the think I am supposed to give to HIM.  HE relaxes me and sits me besides still waters. HE restores my soul.

  • Are you worried?
  • Do you doubt that GOD will not deliver you and that is causing you to be more anxious?
  • Can you relax and know that GOD can AND will deliver you?
  • Will you praise HIM today and allow HIM to do HIS work?


No comments:

Post a Comment