Thursday, October 9, 2014

Angry at GOD

2 Chronicles 28: 22 In his time of trouble King Ahaz became even more unfaithful to the Lord.

============

Bills mounting and car broken down, I quickly said these words “I’m not going to serve YOU anymore!” I mean what’s the use? It seems like when I try “GOD” things get worse. I wasn’t serving GOD anyway but this one Sunday I went to church at the request of friends.

The next day the sheriff knocked on my apartment door with a summons to appear in court for a variety of tickets. “Why serve a GOD who brings on nothing but trouble” I pouted.

  • When trouble comes I sometimes want to throw GOD out the window.
  • When trouble comes I sometimes want to blame GOD for all my ills.
  • When trouble comes I sometimes want to give up on GOD because I am not getting my way.


Trouble makes me irrational. When I see no way out and I use GOD as a “last resort” my mind cannot comprehend when HE doesn’t just swoop in and fix the situation to my liking. My doubting leads to pouting. BUT GOD understands.

  • GOD knows when I am weak and encourages me to turn back to HIM.
  • GOD knows when I feel like giving up and wants me to keep going with HIM.
  • GOD knows when I am frustrated, HE came into the world and faced more scrutiny than any human.


GOD understands how difficult life can be. HE knew the depth and breadth of HIS curse on the heavens and the earth. When HE said to Adam “You will now work from the ground you came” HE knew just how difficult it would be to produce fruit where it was once easy. BUT HIS grace abounds.

Before the curse GOD developed a rescue plan for all humans. JESUS volunteered to take the blame I cast on HIM even before HE made humans. HE hears my blaming words as if I were saying “YOU didn’t do enough for me” and forgives me anyway with these words “Forgive them for they know not what they do.” GOD is there with me and wants me to know HE loves me dearly.

  • Are you pouting at GOD?
  • Is there an obstacle in your way that seems insurmountable?
  • Can you trust GOD totally and allow HIM to take you through the trouble?
  • Will you praise HIM today for being GOD who loves you and has a plan for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment