Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Building People

2 Chronicles 36: 23 “This is what Cyrus king of Persia says:

“‘The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah. Any of his people among you may go up, and may the Lord their God be with them.’”


============

Find their flaw, document it and express it to the network of people was the method used in this particular company to get promoted or more budget or more responsibility. It really seemed sad, but there was one person who I admired who said to me “Be a king maker.” As I pondered these words I wondered “How?” I mean I’m not on the top, how will I put someone where I’m not?

  • When everyone is tearing people down I have a choice to be like them or not.
  • When people are focused on slander, lies and misconceptions I have a choice to be like them or not.
  • When the crowd is full of malice, poison and spite, I have a choice to be like them or not.


In the middle of a chaotic workplace, he was telling me to “build people up” rather than tearing them down. Those who will be in my corner will remain there and those who aren’t will not. I remembered these words as I worked in a very difficult neighborhood who did not focus on GOD rather they turned to gang violence.

We went out and invited people to the church and they said things like “I have no clothes to wear” or “I haven’t been in a while” but they came when we said to them “You have a lot to offer and only you can help others.” I prayed with people and by building them up, they actually came to the church. GOD drew them back to HIM.

  • GOD wants me to build people up because that person is a new temple.
  • GOD wants me to build people up because HE wants to draw them to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to build people up because my words will mimic HIS and be full of grace.


Building people up can only be done when I can appreciate how GOD has made me. If I don’t like how GOD made me then I will speak poorly about others. If I can understand that GOD was very pleased when HE made me, that HE understands my flaws and loves me anyway, then I can be excited about HIS people.

  • Are you in the process of tearing people down or building them up?
  • Do you see people as a threat or GOD’s workmanship?
  • Can you stop spreading your poison about “those people” and begin building up the flock GOD has sent to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment