Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Celebrate GOD’s Protection Longer

Ezra 6: 22 For seven days they celebrated with joy the Festival of Unleavened Bread, because the Lord had filled them with joy by changing the attitude of the king of Assyria so that he assisted them in the work on the house of God, the God of Israel.

============

Scribbling on a pad trying to figure out a problem, I didn’t notice everyone in the office was missing. Someone came to my desk and said, aren’t you going to come to the meeting? As I walked in family and friends were there and they were celebrating me for my accomplishments with the highest award. I praised GOD and was excited.

Months later when I didn’t get the top job running a large portion of a large company I pouted at GOD.  My celebration didn’t last very long.

·         When I use GOD to get my way, my celebrations don’t last very long.
·         When I use GOD to get my way, my celebrations only pertain to what I perceive as blessings.
·         When I use GOD to get my way, my celebrations only happen during the good times.

Fair weather celebrations are nice BUT GOD wants so much more from me. HE wants me to celebrate HIM during good and bad times. HE desires praise in the middle of the storm before I reach dry land. HE enjoys my celebration of HIM before things get better.

·         GOD wants my true praise.
·         GOD wants my whole praise.
·         GOD wants my praise even when I don’t see the deliverance yet.

GOD fights my battle and I need to praise HIM in the middle of the battle. After the battle is won then I need to remember that it was HE who brought me through the storm. And when I face another battle I need to trust that HE will deliver me through this one and the next and the next.

·         Do you remember celebrating GOD?
·         Are you in the middle of doubting HIM now?
·         Can you see HIS deliverance on its way?
·         Will you praise HIM for fighting your battle today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment