Thursday, October 30, 2014

Devotion


Ezra 7:Ezra arrived in Jerusalem in the fifth month of the seventh year of the king. He had begun his journey from Babylon on the first day of the first month, and he arrived in Jerusalem on the first day of the fifth month, for the gracious hand of his God was on him. 10 For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.

============

Looking back on many rough times I can see where GOD has had HIS hand on me. From bullies at my school to thugs robbing me to having no mentor or guide in college all the way to today, I can see GOD’s hand on me.

  • GOD has HIS hand on me through very difficult times.
  • GOD has HIS hand on me through extreme rough times.
  • GOD has HIS hand on me through times I had no idea how I was going to escape.


Devotion is that drive that says “I will never give up.” Ezra was devoted to GOD and GOD is devoted to those who HIS SON has saved. GOD says to those “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

My devotion is faulty. I doubt, fear and worry BUT GOD’s devotion to me is solid. It is un-waving. It is like a tree planted by the water, it shall not be moved. GOD has devotion to me and it is up to me to be devoted to HIM.

  • Are you devoted to GOD?
  • When times are good do you find yourself dropping GOD off and picking HIM back up when times are bad?
  • Can you devote a small portion of your life to GOD and keep adding more and more to HIM daily?


No comments:

Post a Comment