Monday, October 20, 2014

How to Lead the People


2 Chronicles 35:Josiah provided for all the lay people who were there a total of thirty thousand lambs and goats for the Passover offerings, and also three thousand cattle—all from the king’s own possessions.

============

More money was going in the bank as I accepted my new post. I was now in management and now I had more money and an expense account. I took my team to lunch and put in on the account. Everyone was happy so I did it again and again.

Accounting called me and asked me what the lunches were for. “Good and welfare?” I said hesitantly. “You can’t do that” they responded. I quickly realized I had to spend my own money if I wanted to treat my team. It was a good move.

  • I have learned that leaders need to be generous because GOD is generous.
  • I have learned that leaders need to factor others in their ascent to the top because GOD raised us up.
  • I have learned that leaders need to enjoy seeing their flock thrive not just themselves because GOD provided grace.


Leadership doesn’t mean more for me rather more for us! My team got me where I was and they need to be celebrated. We made it because GOD brought us to this point and our celebration needs to be pointed at HIM.

  • Are you leading a group or family without celebrating them?
  • Do you think your extra money is only for you?
  • Can you remember that GOD raised you up so you can serve the people?
  • Will you reach out to people and say thank you for helping me get to this point?


No comments:

Post a Comment