Thursday, October 2, 2014

Not Too Late to Prosper


2 Chronicles 24: 20 Then the Spirit of God came on Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest. He stood before the people and said, “This is what God says: ‘Why do you disobey the Lord’s commands? You will not prosper. Because you have forsaken the Lord, he has forsaken you.’”

============

It seemed like everything was going absolutely wrong in my life at this time. My old jalopy was on the fritz again, and I was stuck in “this” stupid town, alone. I went to the mailbox and saw the envelope with the word “overdue” stamped on the outside.  I was behind on credit card payments.

One of the “old” ladies who lived in my building came up to me and asked me the strangest question. “What church do you go to?” assumptively she asked. “I haven’t found one” I said knowing I wasn’t even looking for one.

  • There are times where I have tried to do life on my own.
  • There are times where I think I can handle life by myself.
  • There are times where I mistook being busy as being productive and I got exhausted getting nowhere.


I was working as hard as I could and things weren’t changing. I mean the car couldn’t have broken down at the worst time. I took a deep breath and went to church. I listened to the sermon and the pastor spoke about the book “Revelation of JESUS.” This perked my interest so I decided to return the next week.

Before long I was attending regularly and the pastor asked the question “Is there anyone here who would like to rededicate their life back to CHRIST?” Something within me said “stay seated” but fortunately for me I got up anyway. I was tired of trying so hard and getting nowhere.

I don’t remember any magic remedies or potions, but soon I found myself giving to people instead of holding back to pay my bills. Soon I wasn’t lonely anymore and wouldn’t you know it, my bills were paid off. The impossible was made possible.

  • GOD says to me, “It is never too late to turn to your ways back to the LORD.”
  • GOD says to me, “Stop trying to be GOD and follow ME.”
  • GOD says to me, “I AM worthy to be praised in the middle of a crisis.”


There is no emergency with GOD. HE knows exactly what I am going through each and every moment. HE wants me to trust HIS plan and follow HIS ways first, and then I will prosper.

  • Are you in a situation where you cannot see the end?
  • Do you think your situation is impossible for GOD?
  • Can you slow down a minute, take a deep breath and ask “what is GOD doing in my life right now?”
  • If you are serving GOD, then can you check if you have judgmental words coming from your lips?





No comments:

Post a Comment