Friday, October 10, 2014

Start Somewhere

2 Chronicles 29: 16 The priests went into the sanctuary of the Lord to purify it. They brought out to the courtyard of the Lord’s temple everything unclean that they found in the temple of the Lord. The Levites took it and carried it out to the Kidron Valley. 

17 They began the consecration on the first day of the first month, and by the eighth day of the month they reached the portico of the Lord. For eight more days they consecrated the temple of the Lord itself, finishing on the sixteenth day of the first month.

============

“What should I wear?” was the first question in my mind as I had finally made up my mind to go to church. I hadn’t been there in years and I didn’t even know what time it started. I put on a new suit and drove around looking for a church. I had no destination in mind. Yes this was a very pitiful attempt.

I finally came to a church I remembered someone mentioning. There was a crowd standing outside talking with one another. I felt quite nervous about going in. I mean I don’t know these people and I really hadn’t been living a life worthy of church. “Should I go in?”

  • There were times where I thought I was too unclean to meet with GOD’s people.
  • There were times where I was too embarrassed to go to a place where GOD’s people met.
  • There were times where I could not admit I needed to meet with GOD’s people.


I felt my life was a mess and I couldn’t turn back now so I entered the building. I heard the music and the people got up singing in unison to music I didn’t know the words to. I felt out of place and wondered if I should return. BUT GOD intervened.

  • GOD said to me “Come as you are because I accept you.”
  • GOD said to me “In the middle of your sins I saved you.”
  • GOD said to me “MY grace is sufficient and I love you.”


I thought I was going to church to prove something to the people there and there were a few people who were there to measure my faith BUT GOD said ignore them. I started attending various churches regularly and my heart began seeking GOD.  I slowly began the longest journey of my life, the eternal walk with GOD.

  • Are you feeling distant from GOD?
  • Do you think you are too unclean for HIM?
  • Are you trying to hide your true feelings from HIM?
  • Can you seek HIM and let HIM guide you step by step to HIM?
  • Can you stop looking at the mess and look at GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment