Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Roadmap to Success


2 Chronicles 26:He sought God during the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God. As long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success.

============

“I am the best” is the attitude I carried into my meeting. After the third round of interviews my handler said “You did great, they would like to extend you an offer, but just hold tight we are on a hiring freeze that we should come out of soon.” The company never recovered and I was stuck.

I groused for a while and realized, maybe GOD wants me here. I began to warm up to the fact that I was going to spend my days in this little town. Months later I received a call, interviewed and got a job that moved me back to my large city.

  • My pride sometimes fools me into thinking the circumstance will go my way.
  • My pride sometimes dupes me into thinking the circumstance will go the way I thought.
  • My pride sometimes tricks me into thinking the circumstance will play out just as I thought.


Looking back on my life I realize my crystal ball is quite broken. I would look at my ability and jump into something, thinking I can control the outcome. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD has given me gifts but HE controls the outcome.
  • GOD has given me talents but HE controls the accomplishments.
  • GOD has given me abilities that only I can do bur HE controls whether I will be raised up or knocked down.


I can never say I am “self-made.” GOD made me and my capabilities are ZERO compared to HIS. No matter how clever, sharp or smooth I think I can be, GOD can knock me down with unforeseen circumstances. GOD can also raise me up just as fast. HE can take a moment of fear and doubt and bring the right people and circumstances in my life to raise me to heights I never would have known.

  • Are you pouting at GOD?
  • Do you think HE owes you something?
  • Can you release your will and ask GOD “what do YOU want me to do?”
  • Will you seek GOD without trying to get something from HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment