Monday, November 3, 2014

A Little Relief


Ezra 9:“But now, for a brief moment, the Lord our God has been gracious in leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in his sanctuary, and so our God gives light to our eyes and a little relief in our bondage.

============

Happy with the house, we closed with a smile. All the paperwork was done and boxes put away. It was a moment of relief. At the other house a young man was dealing drugs and stealing my newspaper daily. I wasn’t mature enough to stay and fight so I moved. Now that trial was done!

I worked hard in the yard one day to get things right and I looked up and saw a strange looking cloud. It was very dark then turned green, like split pea soup. The sirens went off and suddenly my relief was over. There was a tornado headed towards the new house.

·         GOD does not want me to squander my relief periods with evil.
·         GOD does not want me to think that just because I have a moment of relief, there isn’t another storm brewing.
·         GOD does not want me to think that HE is beating me up, rather preparing me for storms to come.

The Israelites were sent into captivity for turning away from GOD. I believe HE still acts the same way. I mean I believe GOD will let me feel the consequences of my sin. BUT HE provides moments of relief when I turn my face back to HIM.  It is during those times I should not take HIM for granted.

·         GOD wants me to focus on HIM continually.
·         GOD wants me to believe in HIS ways and not take HIM for granted.
·         GOD wants me to bask in HIS relief and understand that life will have difficult times and great times.

When I have my “moments” of relief I should be very thankful and praise GOD for HIS blessings.

·         Are you in a peaceful time?
·         Do you think everything will remain peaceful?
·         Do you believe you can sin without consequence?

·         Can you stop what you are doing in your peaceful time to focus on GOD’s grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment