Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Grant Me an Ear

Nehemian 1: 11 Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.”

I was cupbearer to the king.

============

You should go see the President of the company one person suggested. My problem was I didn’t understand why or how I was going to do that. I was new in my post and trying to make my way through the fog. I timidly walked over to the administrative assistant and asked for time on the calendar. To my surprise I got an appointment.

Nervous and almost shaking, I sat outside the office of the President trying to think of what I was going to say. I honestly didn’t believe the President would want to see me.

  • Power has a strange way of blinding me of my ability.
  • Power has a strange way of deafening me to the truth.
  • Power has a strange way of dumbing my thoughts into thinking one person is “better” than the next.


GOD is “no respect of persons” meaning HE can leverage what humans would consider the lowest person to do great things. My confidence was shaken when I placed senior management on a pedestal. It’s not that I shouldn’t respect their accomplishments or their office. The problem was I put them over GOD by placing my trust in them.

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIM rather than worrying about humans.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM rather than thinking humans can raise souls out of debauchery.
  • GOD wants me to serve HIM with acknowledgement of sin, prayer and praise.


There is no other human who can save me outside of JESUS. Yes, I need humans to survive, but my trust has to be in GOD. Those who seek power will only find it in GOD. HE repays.

  • Are you trying to gain power?
  • Do you feel like you would be better off if you aligned yourself with the “correct” side?
  • Can you stop focusing on the power of humans and focus on GOD’s great might and authority?


No comments:

Post a Comment