Monday, November 10, 2014

Keep Going Despite the Insults

Nehemiah 4:Tobiah the Ammonite, who was at his side, said, “What they are building—even a fox climbing up on it would break down their wall of stones!”

Hear us, our God, for we are despised. Turn their insults back on their own heads. Give them over as plunder in a land of captivity. Do not cover up their guilt or blot out their sins from your sight, for they have thrown insults in the face of the builders.

So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart.

============

“Hey four-eyes, you think you are smarter than us!” was an insult hurled my way as I walked on the playground. Fashionable choices in glasses were not an option for me back then and I received the basic “scientist” look. All I needed was a lab coat and a clip board and my look would have been complete.

Some of the bullies spent their time tripping people or washing their face in the snow. Was this my fate? “I’m not even smart” I thought to myself, “or am I?” As I considered what they said, I thought “maybe I am smart.” Soon the bullies were trying to copy off of my paper. I was actually getting good grades and I was being protected instead of pounced on.

  • When people doubt me, I begin to doubt myself.
  • When people insult me, I replay their insult in my mind.
  • When people blatantly oppose me, I wonder how I am going to make it through the situation.


I would love to say I was six feet five inches, two hundred forty pounds and able to fight the greatest warrior when I was born but that was far from the truth. I remained a skinny feeble sort who was laughed at for my pitiful appearance. I wanted to fit in the crowd, BUT GOD had something different in mind for me.

  • GOD wants me to accept me the way HE made me.
  • GOD wants me to understand He made me in HIS likeness so I need to act like HIM.
  • GOD wants me to treat others like the royalty GOD made them.


Despite how people treat me, GOD wants me to keep going. Insults may be hurled my way and doubts may abound. BUT GOD will fight my battles and protect me as HE always has.

  • Are you being insulted?
  • Do you feel self-conscious?
  • Can you keep going despite the insults and doubts from others?
  • Will you ask GOD to give you the strength and the resources to keep going?

No comments:

Post a Comment