Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Slander Strengthens

Nehemiah 6:Then, the fifth time, Sanballat sent his aide to me with the same message, and in his hand was an unsealed letter in which was written:

“It is reported among the nations—and Geshem says it is true—that you and the Jews are plotting to revolt, and therefore you are building the wall. Moreover, according to these reports you are about to become their king and have even appointed prophets to make this proclamation about you in Jerusalem: ‘There is a king in Judah!’ Now this report will get back to the king; so come, let us meet together.”

I sent him this reply: “Nothing like what you are saying is happening; you are just making it up out of your head.”

They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, “Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed.”

But I prayed, “Now strengthen my hands.”

============

Careful tip-toeing around the boss’s buddy was a daily ritual. He was actually a pitiful worker who would challenge everything we were trying to do, yet did nothing himself. Finally I got tired of the charade. I did not blow up, but I did say “You are no longer going to cause confusion to my team.” I knew he would go run back and twist my words. What was my next step?

  • There are people who will cause confusion around me.
  • There are people who will slander my name.
  • There are people who will try to intimidate or even harm me.


Sometimes the situation seemed hopeless. I mean no matter what good was done I had someone twisting it for their political gain. BUT GOD wanted me to believe in something different.

  • Instead of replaying the slander in my mind GOD wants me to ask HIM for strength.
  • Instead of walking down the path of fear GOD wants me to ask HIM for strength.
  • Instead of looking around me to see what is falling down around me GOD wants me to ask HIM for strength.


Nervousness ensues when I listen to and replay slanderous words. They are poisonous and should never be uttered by anyone. BUT GOD says to me “Do not be afraid for I am with you.”  This allows me to continue my work for HIM.

  • Are you being slandered?
  • Are you in the middle of confusion?
  • Are you frightened, angry, or disappointed?
  • Can you ask GOD for strength today?


No comments:

Post a Comment