Thursday, November 6, 2014

Starting the Journey

Nehemiah 2: 17 Then I said to them, “You see the trouble we are in: Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been burned with fire. Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, and we will no longer be in disgrace.” 18 I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me.

They replied, “Let us start rebuilding.” So they began this good work.
  
============

After the interview I received confirmation that I had done well and they were “thinking” about bringing me on board. Within three days the offer went from VP to AVP to Senior Director in a midst of confusion. The organization was not organized. I realized I no longer fit in this world.

I had a friend say to me, “You have to do something.” As I studied the lay of the land I wondered what excited me. “Helping people grow” came to mind, but how do I do it? After months of prayer and a year of doing resumes for people, GOD gave me a vision that was much larger than me. No, it wasn’t a Hollywood flashback vision, but a well thought out idea.

It was huge and scary and my resources were few. “Where do I start?” was my question.

·         Sometimes GOD has a plan that seems much bigger than I can ever imagine.
·         Sometimes GOD has a plan that seems too big for me and what I can bring to the table.
·         Sometimes GOD has a plan that seems impossible so why even try.

Nervous about where all of this was going, I tried to limit GOD’s vision and so did everyone around me. I was presented with the worries of the world almost daily. It seemed like bad news kept coming out of the cracks. BUT GOD was there to patch the holes.

·         GOD said to me “Take the first step on the journey and I will make your path straight.”
·         GOD said to me “Keep going and I will bless you as I always have.”
·         GOD said to me “I am with you even unto the end of this age.”

My pride and fear had to go out the window if I was going to follow HIS plan. I took a deep breath and started by taking the first step.

·         Are you afraid to do something big?
·         Is your journey small because you are limiting GOD?

·         Can you stop limiting GOD and ask HIM to make your path straight?

No comments:

Post a Comment