Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Asking Why


Job 3: Why is life given to a man
    whose way is hidden,
    whom God has hedged in?

============

After bargaining with GOD and blaming HIM, my thoughts went to questioning HIM as Job did in this passage. “Why” was the beginning of my question each time I went through something. Then I would add an extra helping of “Why” when I would compare my life to someone else’s.

  • When I have gone through trouble I have asked “Why?” and received no answer.
  • When I have gone through problems I have asked “Why?” and did not receive a sound.
  • When I have gone through issues I have asked “Why?” and hear nothing.


“Why” is a question of clarity but it can also carry a tone of entitlement as if I could change GOD’s mind by making HIM reason HIS way into thinking like me. Does GOD owe me an explanation?

  • GOD does not owe me an explanation because HE has already shown HIS maximum love by dying for me.
  • GOD does not owe me an explanation because HE has already forgiven me.
  • GOD does not owe me an explanation because HE has a plan for me that is HIS perfect will.


Sometimes I forget that GOD is supreme. I think HE can and should change HIS mind to think like me. I squirm and wiggle and HE stays steady. I then realize the struggle against HIS will is futile. The better question is “What” instead of “Why”. “What would YOU like me to do today?” “What is YOUR will and can you help me align to it today?”

Asking GOD “What” helps me accept the fact that Satan wants to thwart GOD’s plan. It makes me get up off the ground and fight another day. “Why” points to the past, “What” points to the here and now.

  • Are you going through something?
  • Have you been facing this problem very long?
  • Can you stop feeling sorry for yourself by stopping your “why” question?
  • Will you gain your life back by asking GOD “What” for a change?
  • Will you receive HIS glorious power by being led by HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment