Monday, December 22, 2014

Friendly Fear


Job 6: 14 “Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend
    forsakes the fear of the Almighty.

============

A few weeks ago I was in a hurry to get to an event. I parked downtown and exaggeratedly paid $2.5 Million for parking. While walking to the door a homeless person stuck her hand out asking for some cash. My excuse for not helping was “I’m in a hurry” so I stuck my hand up and said a small prayer and kept going. This bothered me all while I was at the event. I could not find her afterwards.

  • Sometimes I have withheld my kindness for various reasons.
  • Sometimes I have rationalized why I should not give to a particular person.
  • Sometimes I have determined “this person is scamming me” when I really don’t have the full picture of their life.


I do understand that I cannot cure homelessness, but sometimes I have turned my eyes from them and I say to myself, “I have bills of my own I have to pay.” Then I poke my mouth out when no one turns to help me. How should I act

  • GOD wants me to understand that sometimes I could be entertaining an angel and not be aware of it.
  • GOD wants me to give sacrificially when HE delivers someone to me.
  • GOD wants me to be honored to give when the SPIRIT leads me.


I actually should be seeking those in need but GOD delivers people to me when I don’t feel like being generous. HE wants me to fully understand HE owns everything and I should not get upset at how he distributes HIS wealth. My focus should be on the kingdom and that means helping out friends. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

  • Are you judging that person and have determined they are not “worth” your help?
  • Have you elevated their sin above yours?
  • Can you take the beam out of your eye that may be blinding you and help people?
  • Will you seek GOD’s kingdom out who are in need today?


No comments:

Post a Comment