Thursday, December 4, 2014

If I’m Not Part of the Solution I’m Part of the Problem

Esther 4: 11 “All the king’s officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that they be put to death unless the king extends the gold scepter to them and spares their lives. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king.”

12 When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, 13 he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

============

“Why would anyone travel out of this country?” I said to many people as we discussed missions trips. I mean we have poor people and people in need right here. I carried this belief for years. Then one day a pastor challenged my belief. “Come with me to Zimbabwe” he said. I pictured muddy water and the bloated, starving baby with the fly in his eye. BUT “something” made me go anyway. It changed my view of the world.

  • Sometimes I think GOD is here to only protect me and my family.
  • Sometimes I think GOD is limited to only my small area.
  • Sometimes I think my calling is tiny.


When I arrived I was shocked by the skyscrapers, pristine golf courses and malls. But when we went into the rural areas I say the extreme opposite. Six or seven slept in a one room shack as large as a bathroom. The people we saw were not physically starving, but mentally and even more, spiritually. How can I fix this?

  • GOD said to me “Go to the uttermost parts of the world.”
  • GOD said to me “Seek first the kingdom of GOD and all these things will be added to you.”
  • GOD said to me “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.”


There is a world of hurt out there. I can focus on trying to find out why some people remain greedy and point at them or I can go out and help those in need. I also cannot think poverty cannot happen to me. I cannot fix poverty, nor can I change the mind of the arrogant and greedy people. GOD is the one who provides. HE sends me to serve just like HIS SON was sent to me.

  • Are you avoiding understanding the problem?
  • Do you think you can isolate yourself by going to church and hanging around Bible studies?
  • When is the last time you actively sought out helping someone in need strictly because GOD said for you to do this?
  • Can you seek GOD’s kingdom today and allow HIM to deliver you to people with HIS message of grace and salvation?


No comments:

Post a Comment