Thursday, December 11, 2014

Remember to Celebrate

Esther 9: 28 These days should be remembered and observed in every generation by every family, and in every province and in every city. And these days of Purim should never fail to be celebrated by the Jews—nor should the memory of these days die out among their descendants.

============

After that catastrophic year, I was numb. I went to class then work then home to finish studying. This was my fifth year and I was ready to be out of college. Life had resumed after my trial and I went into another year, not really noticing things had changed for the better. I wonder if I should have celebrated.

  • Life had some very difficult moments for me.
  • Life does not always go as planned for me.
  • Life had some twists and turns that seemed to throw me for a loop.


I did not celebrate after my trial because I was not paying attention. I was just floating through life and wanted to move onto the next thing. As far as I was concerned nothing special had happened. BUT GOD wants me to think different.

  • GOD wants me to celebrate after I go through a trial so I can remember HIS deliverance.
  • GOD wants me to take notice when I go through my trouble so I can shout about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to remember how I was before and after the trouble so I can praise HIM.


Trials and tribulations are always going to be here. GOD knew this when HE cursed the Earth, heavens and  mankind. HE knew humans would get sick, hurt and die. HE knew sin would enter humanity and “I” would turn my back on HIM along with everyone else.

Yet HE chose to have compassion on me. JESUS thought being GOD was nothing to gain so HE became a human, took my punishment that HE decreed with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT and proved HIS power by being raised from the dead. HE overcame all trials and wants me to remember HIM as often as possible.

  • Did you just come out of a trial?
  • Are you going to celebrate what GOD did for you?
  • If you are still going through something can you celebrate the little accomplishments?
  • Will you remember to set up a time to remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment