Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Standing Firm

Esther 3: After these events, King Xerxes honored Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, elevating him and giving him a seat of honor higher than that of all the other nobles. All the royal officials at the king’s gate knelt down and paid honor to Haman, for the king had commanded this concerning him. But Mordecai would not kneel down or pay him honor.

============

Each morning I would perform my ritual of listening to a well thought out GODLY message at work. One person took it upon himself to start a network where he would give the message and people would forward the voicemail to people throughout the company.

When that person left the company people looked around for another person who would take on this daily daunting task. When they asked me I thought to myself “I can’t show I follow JESUS, I may offend my employees who do not believe.” I declined.

  • There have been times where I have been ashamed of GOD.
  • There have been times where I have hidden my beliefs in order to gain whatever.
  • There have been times where I have backed away from GOD because I was in a business setting.


I went to church so wasn’t that enough? I mean the company policy says we need to have extreme diverse views so I had to be quiet, right? Wrong!

  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid of humans who can harm the body but fear GOD who can harm the soul.”
  • GOD says to me “If you are ashamed of ME then I will be ashamed of you.”
  • GOD says to me “I raised you up to certain levels for MY purpose.”


God did not put me in a job just to become rich and hide who HE is. HE cannot be secondary to my life, but many times I treated HIM like HE was a closet genie. I would pull HIM out in secret and put HIM away when HE fixed the problem, meanwhile I could sin and be part of the crowd. It seemed like a pretty good life.

GOD wants me to follow HIM, proclaim HIS word, profess HIS SON and when someone threatens my livelihood, move on knowing HE will protect me. GOD is the answer, not mankind.

  • Are you bowing down to the god of money?
  • Do you fear being as bold as GOD is calling you to be?
  • Do you think you will hurt someone’s feelings if you spoke up about your relationship with GOD?
  • Can you start by confessing your relationship with GOD, having no expectations of people converting to your beliefs right away?


No comments:

Post a Comment