Monday, December 1, 2014

Titles May Mean Trouble


Esther 1: 10 On the seventh day, when King Xerxes was in high spirits from wine, he commanded the seven eunuchs who served him—Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar and Karkas— 11 to bring before him Queen Vashti, wearing her royal crown, in order to display her beauty to the people and nobles, for she was lovely to look at. 12 But when the attendants delivered the king’s command, Queen Vashti refused to come. Then the king became furious and burned with anger.

============

After years of scratching and clawing my way up, I had finally reached the top! I could finally make some decisions and get things done. I called a meeting of my entire staff so I could meet everyone and give them my high level plan.

One of my employees refused to come to the meeting. I brushed this absence off until she refused to come to my next gathering. I then wanted to get rid of her. I approached her and asked, about the absences. Turns out she was the only one who was supporting a large number of systems and my meetings conflicted with her support.

  • Sometimes titles give me an ego.
  • Sometimes titles blind me to what’s going on.
  • Sometimes titles make me believe I am important.


It seems like titles have made me think people should react to me in a special way. Titles like VP, Senior Director, Manager, Husband or even Dad commanded some level of respect and I craved it. BUT GOD wants me to see something different.

  • GOD is the most high so I should look to HIM for my power
  • GOD is the being I get my power from and titles are meaningless.
  • GOD became a human, giving up HIS title of GOD just to die for me and is now raised up above all with the highest title.


Titles seem to ruin my humility. I do not mean I should not have a title or become a pushover when I have one, rather I should accept whatever title I have as a gift from GOD and treat it with the humility HE has bestowed on me.

  • Do you demand respect and are not getting it?
  • Are you frustrated with the people who are supposed to be following you?
  • Can you point your life to GOD instead of yourself?
  • Can you humble yourself before the only being who deserves a title, namely JESUS?


No comments:

Post a Comment