Friday, December 12, 2014

Who Am I Working For?

Esther 10:Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews.

============

Shrimp chips was the appetizer at this exclusive five star restaurant that I enjoyed. It was something I had to try said the concierge at the five star hotel I stayed at. After this fancy upscale vacation my only concern was getting ramped back up after my twelve week paid vacation. I mean will I be able to get back up to the pace? Meanwhile, I never once thought about struggling people.

  • When I’m blind I cannot see hurting people.
  • When I’m blind I cannot seek lost people.
  • When I’m blind I cannot empathize with those who are in need.


The “pace” is the thing that kept me from seeing people. I never knew my neighbors, had shallow relations with people at church and those I served were only there for a short period of time so I could get back to my rat race. I became a voice for the rich and powerful, helping them fix their complaints of not being wealthy enough. Is this where I’m supposed to spend my precious time?

  • GOD says to me “The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few” and I see why when there is money to be made.
  • GOD says to me “It is harder for a rich man to get into heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle” and I see why when wealth caused me to have blindness.
  • GOD says to me “Seek first the kingdom of GOD and all these things will be added to you” and I see why when HE is concerned with the well-being of all.


Wealth is not my problem, it is the love of being wealthy that fogs my spectacles. My conversations about fine wines, humidors and exclusive resorts were not words where I was speaking up for the needy. In fact those words barely came across my lips. GOD raised me up to be a spokesperson for HIS people who are hurting. HE wants me to take the blinders off and work hard for those who HE delivers to me.

  • Are you a voice for those in need?
  • Do you cater to the rich and powerful without mentioning people in need?
  • Can you start speaking up for those in need for a change?
  • Will you look at giving differently and see if GOD wants you to give more if you are wealthy?


No comments:

Post a Comment