Monday, December 8, 2014

Wish Prosperity on Your Enemies


Esther 6:When Haman entered, the king asked him, “What should be done for the man the king delights to honor?”

Now Haman thought to himself, “Who is there that the king would rather honor than me?” So he answered the king, “For the man the king delights to honor,have them bring a royal robe the king has worn and a horse the king has ridden, one with a royal crest placed on its head. Then let the robe and horse be entrusted to one of the king’s most noble princes. Let them robe the man the king delights to honor, and lead him on the horse through the city streets, proclaiming before him, ‘This is what is done for the man the king delights to honor!’”

10 “Go at once,” the king commanded Haman. “Get the robe and the horse and do just as you have suggested for Mordecai the Jew, who sits at the king’s gate. Do not neglect anything you have recommended.”


============

They brought me in a small room and asked me if the other guy would be a good fit for the top position of the company I interviewed for. This was strange to me. “Why ask me?” I thought to myself. If I answer “He’s horrible, pick me” it could show I’m not a team player, on the other hand if I say “He’s great” then I may be giving the position up. What should I do?

  • Many times I have had to face my ego.
  • Many times I have had to face the choice of slandering versus speaking highly of a person.
  • Many times I have had to face getting passed over.


Wishing the demise of someone feels so good at the time, especially if that person has been very irritating to me. When I see them go down in flames I feel great because maybe I can get their spot. BUT GOD desires something different of me.

  • GOD wants me to delight when HE places people above me so I can serve as JESUS served me.
  • GOD wants me to enjoy when HE blesses people I don’t like, because it shows HE is truly unbiased in HIS view and has even forgiven me.
  • GOD wants me to sing praises when HE does great things in other folk’s lives because it shows HIS power and majesty over everything.


Pouting when someone else “wins” is a sure sign of immaturity on my part. In fact, just the thought of someone “winning” is immature. If I am part of GOD’s kingdom then I should delight in what HE is doing all around me. HE loves when I change my pouting into praise. The more I can truly praise HIM for blessing others the more HE blesses me either in this life or the next.

  • Are you pouting over someone’s prosperity?
  • Are you on the side of slander or speaking well about “that” person?
  • Can you realize that maybe your attitude towards other people may be why GOD holds blessings back from you?
  • When will you mature and wish others the best like GOD wants the best for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment