Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Choose what to say

Job:16:I also could speak like you,
    if you were in my place;
I could make fine speeches against you
    and shake my head at you.
But my mouth would encourage you;
    comfort from my lips would bring you relief.

============

No wonder GOD says “Be slow to anger” because when I am angry at someone I find it very hard to provide words of comfort. “Serves you right” comes out of my mouth instead of “Things will be fine.” BUT GOD says do something different.

  • GOD says to me “Show mercy to others as I have shown mercy to you.”
  • GOD says to me “Pray for your enemies for I will repay.”
  • GOD says to me “Love your neighbors as you love yourself.


He would rather have me focus on what is right rather than what is wrong. HE wants my words to be full of encouragement rather than poison. Blessings should me my words of comfort.

  • Are you complaining about someone?
  • How many of your words contain poison on a daily basis?
  • Can you make the choice to say encouraging words to someone today?
  • Will you ask GOD for the right words to say?


No comments:

Post a Comment