Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Comfortable with Knowledge

Job 11:“Can you fathom the mysteries of God?
    Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?
They are higher than the heavens above—what can you do?
    They are deeper than the depths below—what can you know?
Their measure is longer than the earth
    and wider than the sea.

============

After I finished counting the offering, I added the amounts into the books. I didn’t really hear the sermon because I was busy. “GOD will understand” I thought to myself. I mean, I’m in a church, working so HE should understand I’m too busy for prayer and listening. I’m saved so I don’t really have to pursue GOD anymore, right?

  • Sometimes I get comfortable with my salvation.
  • Sometimes I think “GOD won’t mind” when I neglect talking to HIM or praying to HIM.
  • Sometimes I am too busy for GOD.


I was so busy in the church that I had no time for GOD. I mean I had books to keep, reports to get out and stuff to do. I was also the head of the Trustees, so I had a lot on my plate. GOD will understand if I miss a few sermons and miss praying for people and miss serving people directly right? I mean I’m serving them indirectly so doesn’t that count?

  • GOD loves everything I do for HIM, but sometimes I need to slow down to listen to HIM.
  • GOD loves everything I do for HIM, but HE is not achievement based rather relationship based.
  • GOD loves everything I do for HIM, but HE does not want me building up a pile of works so I can bargain with HIM later trying to get out of my sin.


GOD knows I would probably come to HIM and say “See… I did XYZ, so YOU should forgive me for 123” but that’s not how HE works. The fact of the matter is, I don’t truly know how HE works and I should not be comfortable with having a relationship with HIM. GOD cannot be harnessed ass a weapon nor can HE be bribed to do my bidding.

GOD is supreme in HIS plan and I must follow HIM with fear and trembling.

  • Are you taking your relationship with GOD for granted?
  • Do you think HE owes you something for your little service you did last week?
  • Can you stop thinking GOD owes you something and serve HIM without expectation?
  • Will you reach out to HIM today and say “I love YOU LORD” to HIM and leave it at that?


No comments:

Post a Comment