Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I know what I know

Job 19: 25 I know that my redeemer lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

============

I used to marvel at eloquent speakers. It seemed like words would flow from their lips so smoothly that any audience would be mesmerized. As I stood in front of my first audience in a speech class I could feel the audience slip away. What was in my mind wasn’t coming out of my mouth, well not as I wanted it to.

When I was challenged by a pastor to go out and tell people about CHRIST, I said “I don’t know the Bible and I am not a good speaker.” He said “What’s that got to do with it?”

  • Sometimes I think I have to be someone else in order to be used by GOD.
  • Sometimes I think I have to know it all and be polished in order to be used by GOD.
  • Sometimes I think I have to do something very different in order to please GOD.


Quite honestly I think GOD is crazy. I mean HE couldn’t have meant to create the person I am. HE couldn’t have meant for me to have gone through life the way I did. HE couldn’t have meant for me to make mistakes on a minute by minute basis, right? Well…

  • GOD made me for HIS purpose and it’s up to me to realize what that purpose is.
  • GOD made me and said “Beautiful and wonderful” and it’s up to me to accept HIS glorious creativity in my person.
  • GOD made me and knows my circumstances, situations and desires so it’s up to me to grab ahold of HIS ways and follow HIM until the end.


I’m not saying I am going to give up seeking GODLY perfection rather I will lighten up on myself which in turn may help me lighten up on others. I will now go out and teach about CHRIST without thinking I have to be perfect or have the right words all the time. In fact GOD said “I will give you the right words at the right time.” I may not know much, but I know what I know and GOD is pleased with it.

  • Do you feel inadequate when it comes to your relationship with GOD?
  • Are you focused on what someone else is doing rather than thanking HIM for HIS relationship with you?
  • Can you praise HIM for making you the way HE made you?
  • Will you ask HIM to share HIS purpose for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment