Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A New Journey

Job 29:“How I long for the months gone by,
    for the days when God watched over me,
when his lamp shone on my head
    and by his light I walked through darkness!
Oh, for the days when I was in my prime,
    when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house,
when the Almighty was still with me
    and my children were around me,
when my path was drenched with cream
    and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil.

============

Tea was the drink of choice as my mother and I would sit together. She would walk me to the preschool. How I longed to be at home. After preschool I had to go to kindergarten. I met strange children in unfamiliar surroundings. How I longed to be in preschool.

Each new grade brought on its challenges and each time I wished I was back in my comfort zone. That is until I graduated college. I then realized maybe it’s time to look forward.

  • When I look back at the good old days I cannot see where I am going.
  • When I dream about the good old days I miss out on what’s ahead.
  • When I dwell on the good old days I close my ears and eyes to what lies ahead.


Life can be difficult and my mind immediately wants comfort so in a rescue attempt it pops in a recording of the good old days. Soon I found myself playing many recordings of the past and not willing to address what was going on right now. The problems of the day still persisted. Something had to change.

  • GOD created me to go forward in life.
  • GOD created my journey and know all the pitfalls I will experience.
  • GOD created me as an everlasting creature so it is important how I respond to adversity.


As I mature my eyes are opened to new truths about life. When I was a child life was difficult, I just did not know it. As I grew and matured, GOD opened my eyes to the journey of serving HIS people. This would prove to be very difficult because people were just as scared of life’s journey as I was. GOD took me though many trials so I could help others do the same.

The new journey is full of adventures unknown BUT GOD is at the helm and HIS plan is awesome for me!

  • Are you looking back at the good old days?
  • Do you long for the days of the comfort you used to have?
  • Can you stop dwelling on those days and focus on what GOD is training you to do right now?
  • Will you accept the challenges of the day as a blessing from GOD not a curse?


No comments:

Post a Comment