Monday, February 16, 2015

Am I ready for the real answer?

Job 38: 12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
    or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
    and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
    its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
    and their upraised arm is broken.

============

There I was, driving through the grounds of the steel mill. I was on assignment there and this industry was fascinating. I sat at a stop sign and a truck sideswiped me. “Why GOD did this happen?” I ranted. Looking back on this incident I can see that it was only a minor accident that I questioned GOD about. I mean, my life is supposed to be perfect when I follow GOD, right? Well, maybe not.

  • Sometimes I will have difficulties.
  • Sometimes I will have days when things just don’t go as planned.
  • Sometimes I will have problems where it seems like there is no way out.


Trials and tribulation happen, sometimes too often. It seems like when one thing goes wrong two or three others follow and when I raise my voice to GOD about my trial, another one pops up.

  • GOD said to me “Life will not be easy.”
  • GOD said to me “Come unto me all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest.”
  • GOD said to me “I am sending the COMFORTER.”


When GOD cursed the heavens and the earth HE meant it. The earth would no longer produce incredible tasting, supernatural food and harsh conditions would abound. GOD still has mercy for me. HE could have made things a lot worse, but HE chose to give me peaks and valleys during life. I don’t quite understand “why” things happen, but I do know GOD loves me dearly in spite of my sins.

GOD died for my sins and when HE was raised to life, HE sent the COMFORTER to lead, protect and, well, comfort me. In the middle of a trial I can praise GOD!

  • Are you in the middle of a trial?
  • Do you think GOD has left you behind?
  • Will you stop looking at the trial and place your eyes on what GOD is doing in your life?
  • Will you accept HIS blessings in the middle of the trial?


No comments:

Post a Comment