Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bargaining With GOD


Job 30: 24 “Surely no one lays a hand on a broken man
    when he cries for help in his distress.
25 Have I not wept for those in trouble?
    Has not my soul grieved for the poor?

============

Clutching my chest I wailed in agony. I lived alone and no one could drive me to see the doctor. I had to get there myself. I thought I was having a heart attack. “I will never do that again” whatever “that” sin was at the time. The pain persisted. “I’ll go to church and I’ll be good.” The pain persisted.

I went into the doctor’s office and found I had a bruised sternum that resulted from some new exercise I was doing. “Man! I shouldn’t have made that promise.”

  • When I bargain with GOD I have no intent of keeping my side of the promise.
  • When I bargain with GOD it’s usually because I am not focused on HIM in the first place.
  • When I bargain with GOD I am not accepting HIS supremacy.


When things go wrong in my life I ask GOD, “Haven’t I been good, what about those bad people, haven’t I served?” Meanwhile I look at GOD like HE is the problem. BUT GOD looks at the situation different.

  • GOD wants me to understand that I have consequences for my actions even though I am forgiven for sin.
  • GOD wants me to realize HIS way is the only way and I should not have a problem with HIS way.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to show me HIS path rather than bargaining my way down my path.


If I have been “good” then GOD will know. HE gives me rewards stored up in heaven that cannot be touched by the evil one. HE guides my path through calamities and raises me up at the right time. HE is my rock and my salvation.

  • Are you bargaining with GOD?
  • Do you think you are being punished?
  • Can you look at GOD as your guide and LORD of your life?
  • Will you accept where HE has you and ask for guidance down HIS path?


No comments:

Post a Comment