Wednesday, February 18, 2015

GOD Explain YOURSELF!

Job 40:“Would you discredit my justice?
    Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
Do you have an arm like God’s,
    and can your voice thunder like his?

============

“Why?” is usually the question that begins my tantrum with GOD. “Why did this person die or why did I lose the thing that was precious to me?” I ask these questions to GOD as if HE owes me an explanation. It’s alright to question, but sometimes I was actually mad at GOD.

  • Sometimes I get mad at GOD for not giving me my way.
  • Sometimes I wonder if there is a purpose to serving GOD if I can’t get my way all the time.
  • Sometimes I demand that HE explains HIMSELF so I can reconcile what’s going on.


Here I am the created telling the CREATOR to explain HIS plan HE has for me. Even if HE did explain, I probably would not like the explanation. Looking back on the pouting, I can see a better plan has emerged each time. Through many disappointments, toils and snares I can actually see why GOD took me through situations that enabled me to grow.

  • GOD does not owe me an explanation but wants me to know HE loves me.
  • GOD does not owe me my way but wants me to know HE has a plan to prosper me.
  • GOD does not owe me pleasure or comfort yet HE sent the COMFORTER to give me peace when I am frazzled.


GOD does not owe me anything, especially when I am trying to justify myself, yet HE loves me so much that HE threw my sins away and cleaned me up to be acceptable to HIM. GOD loves me.

  • Are you trying to justify why you should have something?
  • Do you think your righteous acts deserve something from GOD?
  • Can you do things for GOD without expecting something in return?
  • Will you stop trying to get GOD to explain HIMSELF and start having faith, trust and hope?


No comments:

Post a Comment