Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Confident in the Day

Psalm 21:  Surely you have granted him unending blessings
    and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
For the king trusts in the Lord;
    through the unfailing love of the Most High
    he will not be shaken.

============

“Stunned” was a fitting word as I received news that I was no longer in college. I sat on the couch and stared. I had not said a prayer in years! I think I just said “help!” to GOD. Then I had a feeling come over me, “Go and beg the dean for, yet another chance.” How humiliating! I put pride aside and asked for help. I was reinstated and got stellar grades.

  • There have been times when it seems like the giant in front of me is larger than life.
  • There have been times when it seems like the world is moving and I am on pause.
  • There have been times when it seems like my situation cannot be fixed so I should just shut the door, crawl into a ball and rock back and forth.


Life has dealt many disappointing blows, whether it was a job, person, place or thing that I wanted, many times my expectations have not been met. In other words the answer has been “NO or WAIT!” when I want the answer to be “YES and NOW!” What should I do?

  • GOD says to me “Put your cares and concerns in ME and I will give you rest.”
  • GOD says to me “Tell me your frailties and I will build your faith.”
  • GOD says to me “Identify the thing that you do not trust ME to do and I will build your trust.”


The problem with “trusting” in my desire is what if GOD says “NO” then I would have wasted time, money and effort. BUT GOD says something different. GOD says “I see your efforts and I’M pleased.” Money, time and situations are all HIS, so when I expel any of these on what HE told me to do then it is not a waste.

JESUS expelled an enormous amount of energy explaining to HIS creations that HE is GOD and they could trust in HIM. The result was HIS own creation murdering HIM for not following the Bible as well as them. HE rose from the dead and said to me and everyone else, “See, even death could not hold ME, you can put your trust in me even when you don’t know how.

  • Are you worried?
  • Do you feel empty?
  • Can you tell GOD you have no more energy and let HIM fill you?
  • Will you learn to flow with where GOD has you and get up and focus on GOD?
  • Can you stop believing the lie that the world is in peril and be unshakable, at least for today?



No comments:

Post a Comment