Psalm 22: 19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
“Help” was all I could utter when trouble number three came. I mean the car was broken, my credit was broken and my will was finally broken. I wondered how far GOD really was from me. I thought that if I started following GOD that things would be fine. I would be rich and famous and on a perpetual vacation. Why was I going through this?
- Sometimes I go through trials.
- Sometimes I experience trouble.
- Sometimes I have pain.
So many unexpected things happen and when they do I am taken thoroughly by surprise. This causes a mild panic and then a crazy thought comes to mind. “GOD is gone” or “GOD is punishing me”, but this thinking is extremely flawed.
- GOD allowed trouble on HIMSELF so HE could empathize with my troubles.
- GOD experienced ever temptation so HIS grace IS sufficient for me.
- GOD wept when HE saw all the troubles I would experience so HIS compassion for me is extreme.
GOD gets no pleasure in seeing me in pain. In fact it hurts HIM deeply when I anguish because HE place the HOLY SPIRIT inside me. GOD cannot get “away” from me even though it feels that way. So when the unexpected comes up, GOD is there, ready to go through the problem with me. HE wants me to expect the unexpected so I can put more trust in HIM.
- Are you in shock over something?
- Did something recently happen that caused you to go in a different direction suddenly?
- Can you ask GOD for strength to quickly resolve your new direction?
- Won’t you ask GOD for HIS swift resolution?