Monday, March 30, 2015

Lifting Up My Head!

Psalm 24:They will receive blessing from the Lord
    and vindication from God their Savior.
Such is the generation of those who seek him,
    who seek your face, God of Jacob.
Lift up your heads, you gates;
    be lifted up, you ancient doors,
    that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?

    The Lord strong and mighty,
    the Lord mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, you gates;
    lift them up, you ancient doors,
    that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory?
    The Lord Almighty—
    he is the King of glory.

============

Phone calls became a dread to me. I picked up the third call this particular day and it was my insurance company. “You have to get a higher priced insurance because of your ticket history” they said. This was after the call I received from the credit card company and the auto mechanic who just finished working on my jalopy of a car. Both were asking for their money and I had none. Where is GOD during these times?

  • Sometimes it seems like trouble comes in waves.
  • Sometimes it seems like problems hit when I am weakest.
  • Sometimes it seems like I have more questions than answers.


I couldn’t understand why I was going through this circumstance at the time. I was in a mess and I couldn’t see beyond the day. BUT GOD saw my future.

  • GOD owns everything on Earth and all around it, so HE knows what I need.
  • GOD raises me up in HIS time with HIS method.
  • GOD fights my battles even when it seems like I am outnumbered.


GOD tells me to “Lift up my head and stop acting defeated!” The question I had to ask myself is, “What would I be doing if I had all the money I needed at my disposal?” The answer came to me with a statement, “Live for today and let GOD have tomorrow.” I focused my attention on that day and little by little I climbed out of the mountain of debt. I could answer the phone with confidence.

  • Are you in a landslide of trouble?
  • Do you think you have problems on all sides?
  • Can you focus your attention on what GOD will have you do “this” day?
  • Will you stop pouting about what you don’t have and focus on what GOD wants for you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment