Monday, March 16, 2015

Throwing Monkey Wrenches

Psalm 14:The fool says in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
    there is no one who does good.
The Lord looks down from heaven
    on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
    any who seek God.
All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.
Do all these evildoers know nothing?
They devour my people as though eating bread;
    they never call on the Lord.
But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
    for God is present in the company of the righteous.
You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
    but the Lord is their refuge.
Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
    When the Lord restores his people,
    let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

============

“That pastor didn’t preach right” were the words that came from my lips as I sat in the audience critiquing the sermon. I mean at least I was in church and I was paying attention and I was dressed in this jamming new suit! I quickly wrote that church off as “not holy enough” and stopped going. I wonder what other church I could go to that meets my criteria?

  • Sometimes my attitude is the barrier.
  • Sometimes the way I think is the cause of a broken plan.
  • Sometimes my judgmental actions cause me to not help.


I heard before that if I am not “part of the solution I am part of the problem” and not I see that to be true. When even the slightest complaint crosses my lips about another person or group I am part of the problem. My righteousness quickly turns into soiled diapers or used tampons (sorry for the graphic but that’s what the writer meant). GOD expects me to act different.

  • GOD wants me to help the poor rather than creating more hurdles for them.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIM as a refuge rather than believing in themselves.
  • GOD wants me to let people know the HE and only HE can restore them to their full glory, not humans.


In order to be part of the solution I must drop any superior thinking and join in. I may not understand what the plan is or even how to solve the problem, but my dependence on GOD will always bring fruit.

  • Are you frustrating someone’s plans with your complaints?
  • Do you think your complaints about that person or those people are acceptable to GOD?
  • Can you become part of the solution by dropping your judgment?


No comments:

Post a Comment