Psalm 14: 1 The fool says in his heart,
“That pastor didn’t preach right” were the words that came from my lips as I sat in the audience critiquing the sermon. I mean at least I was in church and I was paying attention and I was dressed in this jamming new suit! I quickly wrote that church off as “not holy enough” and stopped going. I wonder what other church I could go to that meets my criteria?
- Sometimes my attitude is the barrier.
- Sometimes the way I think is the cause of a broken plan.
- Sometimes my judgmental actions cause me to not help.
I heard before that if I am not “part of the solution I am part of the problem” and not I see that to be true. When even the slightest complaint crosses my lips about another person or group I am part of the problem. My righteousness quickly turns into soiled diapers or used tampons (sorry for the graphic but that’s what the writer meant). GOD expects me to act different.
- GOD wants me to help the poor rather than creating more hurdles for them.
- GOD wants me to point people to HIM as a refuge rather than believing in themselves.
- GOD wants me to let people know the HE and only HE can restore them to their full glory, not humans.
In order to be part of the solution I must drop any superior thinking and join in. I may not understand what the plan is or even how to solve the problem, but my dependence on GOD will always bring fruit.
- Are you frustrating someone’s plans with your complaints?
- Do you think your complaints about that person or those people are acceptable to GOD?
- Can you become part of the solution by dropping your judgment?