Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Place to Put My Trust

Psalm 31:In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
    let me never be put to shame;
    deliver me in your righteousness.
Turn your ear to me,
    come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
    a strong fortress to save me.
Since you are my rock and my fortress,
    for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
    for you are my refuge.
Into your hands I commit my spirit;
    deliver me, Lord, my faithful God.

============

Investments were new to me when one of my best friends’ father handed me a magazine teaching me how to invest. He mentioned retirement, buying a house and having money to do stuff. I was nervous because I hadn’t even thought about saving a penny. In fact, my friend and I were headed to a party that evening.

Years later I had saved up a mountain of cash and my attitude went to protection mode versus give. I became nervous at anything that threatened “my” wealth. I found myself worshipping less and working more. BUT GOD knew that.

  • When I place my trust in money, it makes me forget how to have peace.
  • When I place my trust in the in crowd, it makes me follow their lusts and change who I am.
  • When I place my trust in insurance, security alarms, or firewalls it gives me a false sense of security that makes me forget a true need.


I met a man in another country who had his family, a hut, a cow and a lemon tree. He was truly at peace because he had all he needed, meanwhile I had money, fancy cars, and a huge network of people waiting to see if I would succeed or fail. I was the one who could not sleep. I had no peace. GOD wanted my mind somewhere else.

  • GOD wants me to take refuge in HIM daily so I can have peace.
  • GOD wants me to put aside all problems and focus on HIM for at least a moment so I can have peace.
  • GOD wants me to stop playing my problems over and over and over again; slowing down to focus on HIM for just a moment each day.


Taking refuge to me is like when there is a tornado, I run and take shelter. I can run to my depleting cash, I can run to faithless people, I can run to insurance that rejects the claim or I can run to GOD. I chose GOD to quickly deliver me in HIS way in HIS time.

  • Are you nervous?
  • Where have you put your trust?
  • What have you prayed for the most?
  • Can you ask GOD for shelter during this storm?
  • Will you ask GOD for HIS peace?


No comments:

Post a Comment