Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Am I Above GOD?

Psalm 47:God has ascended amid shouts of joy,
    the Lord amid the sounding of trumpets.
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
    sing praises to our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth;
    sing to him a psalm of praise.

============

“GOD can’t possibly forgive me this time” was the thought that crossed my mind as I committed for the thousandth time. I mean preachers and church people said “sin is your problem, once you stop sinning you will be on easy street.” Soon I began to believe I could be “good” enough to get my way.

  • My thinking is flawed if I believe I am in control of my situations.
  • My thinking is flawed if I believe I am in control of my circumstances.
  • My thinking is flawed if I believe I am in control of my status.


When things went wrong in my life, I would think to myself “what sin brought this on?” I mean it has to be a sin that I have committed to bring “this” on I would think to myself. But there is a flaw in that thinking, I’m still in control and I think GOD isn’t. BUT HE IS.

  • GOD is above any situation, circumstance or status I can ever be in or hold.
  • GOD is above any human, economic report or war that I could ever worry about.
  • GOD is above any thought, feeling or action I could ever pursue.


GOD is.

My problem is that sometimes I don’t give GOD the credit for being as graceful as HE is. I think because my car just got beat up or someone robbed me that GOD no longer loves me or has forsaken me, which is FAR from the truth. GOD is amazing! HIS grace is amazing! HIS love, endless! HE has patience with me I wish I could have with other humans. HIS grace truly is sufficient!

  • Are you having a difficult time praising GOD?
  • Do you think HE is mad at you for something?
  • Can you stop thinking GOD is somewhere else and believe HE loves you dearly, period?
  • Will you lower yourself beneath GOD and let HIM have grace, HIS way?


No comments:

Post a Comment